Published On : May 11, 2019
No. of Vacancies : 1
Job Nature :
Experience : 5 to 8 year(s)
Age : Age 35 to 55 years
Location : Khulna
Application Deadline : May 25, 2019
Director - Finance
Christian Service Society (CSS)
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Financial Reporting:
- Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress.
- Preparing financial outlooks and financial guideline.
- Prepare project budgets and financial reports for international founders.
- Prepare draft tax reporting and manage other local and GOB regulatory reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial analysis for negotiations with the donors and partners.
- Prepare all kinds of report required by the Executive Director.
- Financial Controls:
- Ensure all compliance practices are implemented based on up to date regulations.
- Prepare internal reporting for different projects and branches.
- Accounting Functions and Financial Systems:
- Oversee all books of accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all external audit activity and prepare detailed audit schedules.
- Prepare, update and maintain financial manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adheres to recommended practices and procedures.
- Oversee all domestic and international payments, wires and ACH transactions.
- Provide oversight on credit card reconciliation, employee expense reports, cash control, and oversee payroll tax compliance.
- Review current transnational and financial systems and make recommendations for organizational improvements in functionality as required.
- Budgets, Cash Flow Management and Controls:
- Manage the annual budget process, providing guidance and support to Program Directors and other team members where needed.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets and actual expenses.
- Develop policy and procedures and recommendations for process improvements;
- Monitor investment portfolio as appropriate and bank balance positions during the course of the year.
- Interface with outside audit firms, banks, business insurance agents, credit card companies, etc. on Inside ORGANIZATION's behalf.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Prepare payroll, review semi-monthly balance sheet and income statements to ensure accuracy.
- People Management:
- Manage small team of accounting associates by providing guidance over daily operating financial procedures.
- Continuously collaborate with Directors to assess the financial efficacy of program operations.
- Candidates must have Honors & Master's in accounting from reputed universities with good computer literacy.
- C.A Part 1 qualified will be given preference.
Additional Job Requirements
- Age 35 to 55 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experience with International founders and ability to meet their financial reporting requirements will be preferred
- Knowledgeable in GAAP and IRS Codes.
- Demonstrated ability with reviewing, creating, and implementing new systems and approaches.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software - Quick Books and Microsoft Office experience required. Experience with Sales force and other forms of accounting and finance software a plus.
- Ability with clear understanding to maintain store software and customer billing software.
- Ability to work under heavy work pressure with patience.
- Strong experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Knowledge and exposure to association Management Software and Event Management Software databases.
- Advanced knowledge utilizing and maintaining accounting and tax systems.
- Experience with International transactions and accounting preferred.
- Well organized, logical thinking decision-maker with an analytical, detailed approach to researching and problem solving
- Strong people management skills; ability to manage team members and work collaboratively across the organization.
- Skill and Attributes:
- Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who is comfortable working in partnership with senior leaders.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills.
- Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, Board and other stakeholders.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels in the organization - including non-finance employees.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities;
- Meticulous attention to detail - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Independent problem solving ability.
- Challenges current practice constructively and gives feedback that improves performance.
If he/she becomes the permanent employee of the organization, other benefits will be offered as per organization policy like provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, yearly increment, staff insurance, medical aid etc.
Bdjobs.com.bd Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : May 25, 2019
Company Name: Christian Service Society (CSS)
Address: 82 Rupsha Strand Road, Natun Bazar, Khulna-9100, Bangladesh
Business: CSS, is a humanitarian development organization in Bangladesh founded in 1972 immediately following the war of independence that left the country in shambles, claiming the lives of 3 million civilians, and left more than 10 million people homeless. Moved by their sufferings, Reverend Paul Munshi founded CSS to bring hope to the lives of the poor and neglected people.
In July 1977, for its outstanding performances, CSS received the `` Excellence in Rural Development " award from the honorable President of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
In September 1998, in recognition of the exceptional work of CSS, the then honorable Prime Minister of People Republic of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the 200 bed Rev. Abdul Memorial Hospital in Tilok, Khulna in the Southern part of Bangladesh.
CSS is registered under the Social welfare and NGO Affairs Bureau of Bangladesh (Registration Number:10)