Published On : Jul 11, 2018
No. of Vacancies : 01
Job Nature :
Experience : 10 to 15 year(s)
Job Location : Any where in Bangladesh
Location : Anywhere in Bangladesh
Application Deadline : Jul 31, 2018
Contract Engineer (MRT Project)
Abdul Monem Limited
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- With the vision to lead the infrastructure development of the country, pioneering entrepreneur Mr. Abdul Monem in the year 1957 embarked upon the journey to start the first and currently the largest business concern of AM group of Companies.
- The core strength of our organization is rooted in our capacity to gather the resources to complete infrastructure projects on a grand scale (funded by Word Bank, ADB, JICA etc.) AML is currently leading the conglomerate market with 18 SBUs such as Coca Cola, the producer of number one ice-cream brand Igloo, Igloo milk and dairy products, Igloo food items and snacks, pharmaceuticals, auto bricks, bitumen and other selected construction materials.
- `DMRT Line-o6 CP: 05- Construction of Viaducts and Elevated Station` is a dream project which will be started in Dhaka under DMRTC Limited Name Metro Rail project from Uttara to Mothijheel (Approximate - 20 K.M). Abdul Monem Limited is one of the part of this glorious project construction with Tekken Corporation, Japan by being awarded the DMRT Line-06 CP: 05 - Construction of Viaducts and Elevated Station. For the smooth run and the successful completion, we are searching an eligible and competent person for the mentioned position.
- Responsible for the post-award contract administration fro a contract package reporting to the project manager/ contractor's representative of the project.
- Plan, control and direct all document control functions for construction operations.
- To provide recommendations, advice, support, review and create documentation all related to contractual issues that may on the projects, as required with specific emphasis on aspects of financial and contractual issues of the project coordinating the overall process with team members.
- Administration of bonds, warranties, insurances, variations and all the post award activities.
- Coordinate with on-site personnel and ensure measurement, valuation, change orders.
- Provide information for budget and cost control activities and be able to manage both aspects if so required.
- Evaluation and verification of all interim payment applications, invoices, accounts including process to payment for both upstream and downstream entities.
- Creation of or participation in request for proposal documents to ensure contractual and commercial aspects protect the contractor.
- Develop systems for managing contractual issues related to time and implications.
- Administrate and participate in the creation and defense of claims including but not limited to review for settlement, resolution of disputes, time extension evaluation.
- Liaise and participate in all program aspects including any events relating to contractual matters.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reports including costs reports where required.
- Assess trends of performance, deviations and assumptions developing cost to complete scenarios.
- Coordination of close-out and settlement of financial accounts.
- Liaise with applicable team members regarding any contractual implication.
- Monitor and manage a change register for contractual implications and take appropriate action in reviewing and commenting on events.
- Prepare or participate in the preparation of claims against the employer.
- Maintain claim log and variation order log with respect to the employer.
- Raise and defense claims for or against subcontractors/ suppliers as necessary.
- Check and monitor key date events.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Civil Engineering, Master of Science (MSc) in Civil Engineering
- 10 to 15 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Project Management, Bridge and Road Construction Monitoring, Civil Engineering
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Architecture Firm
Additional Job Requirements
- 5 years in contract administration role with involvement in claims and disputes on civil or building projects.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
As per company policy
Bdjobs.com.bd Online Job Posting
Application Deadline : Jul 31, 2018
Company Name: Abdul Monem Limited
Address: Monem Business District, 111 Bir Uttam C.R. Dutta Road (Sonargaon Road), Dhaka-1205
Business: Ice Cream(Igloo), Food & Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Beverage, FMCG, Construction, Power sector, IT, Bran Oil and Trading